LandscapeVideo Elective and Thesis Elective SS 2013
Investigating the landscape element Belvedere in the city.
The elective course (Wahlfach) and the thesis (Wahlfacharbeit) of the coming term will examine the “Belvedere” as element of the urban landscape. With the creation of the Belvedere man demonstrates an intentional act to visit a place with a specific scenic view. Within this act not only the view is of importance but the journey towards. How can we summon and translate the things we hear, see, smell and feel – in brief our aesthetic experience – in a filmic montage?
In our video course, we are going to investigate the urban space . By posting your work and thoughts on a video blog we will then constantly reflect about the means of perception and its transformation through media.
The video elective course (Wahlfach) and the thesis (Wahlfacharbeit) are combined and can not be enrolled separately.
We are going to give two workshops of 4 days over a weekend and 10 days during the semester break and there will be 3 small exercises and lectures during the semester.
The participation on all dates of the course is mandatory. Limited admission of 16 students (8 groups) due to technical equipment.
TEAM + CONTACT
1 // Thursday, 21st Febr 2013 / 12:45-14:30 / ILA-Foyer, HIL H
– Introduction into semester program, selection of participants
– Input Susanne Hofer / Johannes Rebsamen »Belvedere«
2 // Thursday, 28th Febr 2013 / 12:45-14:30 / Videolab, HIL H
– Technical introduction (video camera), preparation of workshop, hand out reader
3 // WORKSHOP I / 1st of March – 4th March 2013 / Zürich, City
– Friday 1st of March 2011 5:00–18:00 / Zürich, City
– Saturday 2nd March 2011 09:00–18:00 / Zürich, City
– Sunday 3rd March 10:00–18:00 / VideoLab ETH Hönggerberg
– Monday 4th March 09:00–18:00 / VideoLab ETH Hönggerberg
4 // Thursday, 28th March 2013 / 12:45 – 14:30 / Videolab, HIL H
– Discussion on Exercise I (hand in 27th March, 12:00 ) on the BLOG
5 // Thursday, 11th April 2013 / 12:45 – 14:30 / ILA-Foyer, HIL H
– Discussion on Exercise II (hand in 10th April, 12:00 ) on the BLOG
6 // Thursday, 2nd May 2013 / 12:45 – 14:30 / ILA-Foyer, HIL H
– Presentation of Exercise III (hand in 1st May, 12:00 ) on the BLOG
7 // WORKSHOP II / 3rd of June – 14th June 2013 / Zürich, City